Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Genesis

In the face of beginning to dissertate this year, I have decided to join the world of bloggers in order to remain connected to the outside world. The name of my blog reflects a combination of interests. I study antiquity, but I am also fascinated by the construction of ideal alternate realities, usually referred to as heaven or utopia, alongside their inverse, hell or dystopia. I am particularly interested in how these constructions of heaven and hell interface with claims of religious experiences, such as with religious visions and auditions and so forth. So, welcome to antiquitopia, a "no place" in time--whether it is utopic or dystopic, of course, depends upon your perspective.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

dude!! welcome to the blogosphere :-) love the name.

April DeConick said...

Jared,

Hi! Wade just found your site. Congratulations and welcome to the blogworld. Looking forward to following your threads.